Linda Thompson's Secret Diaries

0
Tara was deep in thought as she puffed out smoke from her made-up lips. “I pray I am right, and this is just a misunderstanding, or else, it will spell trouble with capital T. I better make a clean escape while I still can.”


Tara moved into Linda’s room to find everywhere a mess. “I bet she has never had to clean anything in her entire life, useless girl.” She picked up the dirty clothes strewn all around into a laundry basket. She saw a designer shoe flung carelessly around the room and bent to check under the bed for the second leg when she noticed a box hidden there.

She drew out the box curiously and found a stack of books inside? “Is she taking secret classes I don’t know of?” she thought as she stared at the content of the box. She decided to find out what the books contain to require hiding them. She opened one of the books and discovered Linda’s handwriting scrawled across the page “A diary?” she glanced through one of the pages to see what is written there.

JULY 15 2002
I went to Otunba’s house as usual, and we had wild sex. The old fool is too virile for his age; he kept talking about marriage, asking me to keep the baby. I was really thinking about marrying him, at least I would be a rich widow when he dies, but I know the tortoise will turn himself into a stalker.

I have a phobia for being stalked, I just told him to give me the 5 million I requested for my trip to Dubai, and I will keep the baby. He wrote a check of 10 million grinning like a goat. As I took the cheque from him, I was already thinking of how to remove the baby like I did to 3 others before. I am not ready to spoil my shape with those babies now, I heard childbirth do make the body change drastically.   
“Oh, my God! She actually has a diary somewhere? You just made me richer, babe,” Tara said in elation.

Tara brought out the other bundles in the box and proceeded to examine them. They were all of different sizes and shapes; some were already dusty, showing signs of sitting in the box for long. She counted the books, and they were 10 in number, “She must have kept one for each year” she looked at the date year written on each volume and discovered it started from 1997, “How old was she then? This is 2016, and she is 32 years, so she must have started writing at 13!” 

Tara arranged the books chronologically, stacking them on each other. She picked up the smallest volume with 1997 written on it and proceeded to flip through. She settled herself comfortably on the floor and proceeded to read the diary.


MARCH 10 1997
Mom has been happy for days, she bought us gifts and told us she is coming to pick us from grandma soon because she now has a new husband. 

“He is handsome, Linda, you will like him, he has lots of money, and a huge house; he won’t abandon us like your dad.” 

I didn’t want a bigger house, I just want to be left alone with grandma, Ken like it here and he already has new friends. “I don’t want a bigger house mom, let us stay with grandma,” I said, and Mom suddenly became angry with me.

“You are turning into a bad child Linda, you don’t want me to find happiness, this is the only man that loves me. He saw the picture I took with you and Ken, and he said I can bring you. He came back from America 5 years ago, and his house is a mansion. You have to follow me if you want me to be happy”

I want mom to be happy. She cried a lot when dad left, he said we are useless, and he has found another woman that will make him happy, mom should find happiness too.

Click HERE to read full book

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)