3 Months to Thirty Episode 3

0

 3 Months to Thirty by Sarah Adeniji



  EPISODE 3 

ALL MEN CHEAT? IT RAINS EVERYWHERE


Dear Diary, I woke up on Tuesday morning with a renewed energy. When I finished dressing up I looked myself in my full length mirror and took my morning resolution. "MJ you are a queen and you deserve all the happiness you want, you are not setting for less when you can have more". I made myself a cup of hot tea and munched on two slices of bread before stepping out of my apartment by some minutes heading to 7:00AM.


Fatima brought my food last night and proceeded to bore me with endless chatter; I completely forgot about Steve but the consequence was a terrible headache after she left. Mom called to tell me we'll have our conversation the next day and I almost fell asleep while on the phone.


I was driving when a call came in, I checked the caller and it was Suzie my best friend; she's the only one that can call me at odd hours at night or very early in the morning. I put on my earpiece and slowed down my driving.


"Morning Babe'


"MJ! I'm going to sue you, you won't get away with this I swear"


"Easy Babe" I smiled.


"You went incommunicado and practically dropped from the surface of the earth. You practically shut me out!"


"I know and I'm sorry. Suzie I was having a difficult time..."


"And you shut out your best friend? Are you sure you are OK now?"


"Yes! I know you'll understand"


"Not so fast! I'm not letting you off the hook yet"


"Get your lawyer to bring the papers. I won't put up much fight at the court I promise"


"Your father has a lot of money, I should milk you dry. You are so mean Queen Bee"


"I know! I know! How was yesterday?"


"Crazy! I'm giving up this job so that I can get married. I was going to call you last night but I was dead tired before afternoon. I want to be fat and lazy in my next life, I'll sit on a chair all day and won't even make any effort to get out of bed. I have been on the road since 6:00AM" she complained.


"You know you don't have to work Suzie, you have millions of naira sitting in your account"


"MJ, I have to make more. How about we meet for lunch this weekend? I already know you don't have a boyfriend and don't have plans for Saturdays"


"Suzie! Same with you. Taking about boyfriends I called Steve last night"


"Jesus! MJ you shouldn't have done that. I really admired you for the way you stood your ground after the breakup"


"It was a very stupid thing to do Suzie, I regretted it. He didn't pick and guess who called me back?"


"Steve?"


"No! Remi. She was like 'Steve's fiancee speaking'. She then proceeded to read the riot act to me, asking me to stay away from her man"


"That Babe is crazy I swear! Did I tell you I saw her at the mall some days back? She's pregnant MJ"


"Jesus! Steve could have done better"


"She's one desperate, mean bitxx. I blame you for this MJ, you went soft on Steve. You broke all the rules, I couldn't recognize you! You practically went from Queen Bee to Queen Butterfly".


"No kidding Suzie I love this man. I probably still do, he was good for me. You are blaming me for being soft now guess who was saying 'It's not his fault girls found him irresistible?"


"MJ, I wanted it to work out because he made you happy. Why are we even discussing this? It's early in the morning and I called to give you early morning boost".


"It's fine Suzie, I gave it my best shot. It's his loss; he'll never meet another queen like MJ"


"That's the spirit girl! Greet Margret Thatcher for me, tell her I'm a fan"


"Fan Suzie! A Margret Thatcher in the making"


"MJ that woman is pretty strong, if you hear her story you'll admire her. The gossip column..."


"I'm close to the office now Babe, let me call you later" I cut in.


"I'm about to drop the juicest gist of the century, well it's your loss. Start looking for an alternative job MJ, you may find yourself out of job soon with what's going on in her life right now..."


"Really? Suzie why are you just telling me this? You know something I don't..."


"Bye MJ, you are close to the office" Suzie said and dropped the call.


Suzie can be mean and vindictive at times but she's the best thing that has ever happened to me when it comes to friendship. We've been friends for close to 6 years.


I parked my car at my usual spot and walked into the elevator, there was cold breeze outside and it looked as if it was going to rain soon.


I was engrossed in the files before me till around 10:00AM. I studied the profiles of all the brides and they were all below 25. "MJ you are an old maid, you are already about 5 years late".


I have an appointment with one of the brides by 3:00PM today, she choose the restaurant and it was an expensive one. The company usually pick up the bills when I'm out on business lunch or dinner with a client, I am not a voracious eater but I intend to enjoy myself today.


Margret Thatcher came in around 10:30AM looking immaculate and gorgeous, not a pin was out of place. She's a beautiful woman and she knows how to dress the part of a rich man's wife. She is probably worth billions and still counting. She looked as if she was trying to fight her age, she had gone for plastic surgery before I joined the office and the result was the face of a thirty year old and the body of a woman in her early sixties.


"My phone rang several minutes after she settled down.


"Hello MJ, come to my office with Eva Akpabio's file".


I entered her office about 5 minutes later clutching the file.


"Sit"


I sat down on the soft cushion and sighed at its comforting embrace.


"You are really looking pretty today, I love the way you always look chic and expensive. You are the image of our brand"


Margret Thatcher is not one to roll out compliments easily so I know she's trying to butter me up for something.


"Thank you for the compliment MRS"


"You're welcome dear. Have you studied her file?"


"Yes Mrs"


"She's getting married to her millionaire boyfriend and wants to have the wedding of her dreams. I heard from the grapevine that she's pregnant but you are not to mention that unless she brings it up"


"Yes Mrs"


"The company will pay for your lunch since you are going there to represent me. She's not on a budget, we can make more money from her. She wants to have a pepper them wedding, this woman is practically giving us a blank cheque!"


I saw the excitement in her voice and knew how much the deal meant to her. "I'll do my best Mrs"


"Agree to whatever she says and compliment her on everything. The groom to be is a playboy and she's suffering from low self esteem"


"Maybe..."


"MJ! If you ruin this deal by dishing out unsolicited relationship advice I won't forgive you."


"Yes Mrs. I have been thinking about what you said yesterday, women ought to take their time to live their dreams..."


"Forget that MJ! That's just nonsense I was saying so that you can snap back to your senses. Early Marriage is actually good for a woman's self esteem. I mean look at me! I got married to the man of my dreams at 23!!! A woman is like a flower you know, we have to make haste while we bloom"


"I get it! Everyone should get married exept poor MJ so that she can make more money for the company"


"Yes Mrs" 


I got out of the office and started gathering more information about the bride, by the time it was 2:00PM I have a budget of about 50 million waiting for her and planned to do anything to make her agree to it.


It was drizzling when I got into my car and headed for the Chinese restaurant, I had an extra umbrella in my car so the rain didn't bother me much.


She was young and wasn't that pretty, she kept fidgeting with her hair. I spotted her from the picture that was attached to her profile in the office.


We ordered drinks and she started talking immediately.


"Money is not a problem, I just want a beautiful wedding. I want a very big picture of Benson and I all over the venue and on the souvenirs"


"Ok, do you have a budget for the souvenirs?"


"No, I'll just go with anything you suggest. Get me something the guests will like, we want a very big wedding. We have guests from all over the world coming, I ordered my gown from France"


"Wow! That's great. You'll be a stunning bride, Benson will be proud of you" I said beaming.


"You think so? Can I confide in you? What's your name?"


"Sure Eva, I'm MJ"


"You see, all those girls were all over him. They won't let him rest, I know it's because he has so much money and he can't help falling for their cheap tricks"


"Really?" I was trying hard to hold myself back.


"I'm the one he's in love with. He used protection while sleeping with all of them but he loves me enough to be completely free with me"


"Awn! He can surely spot a jewel. You are the real deal!" I said and took a sip from my drink. I kept the wine in my mouth instead of swallowing it, I didn't want to be tempted to say rubbish.


"After I got pregnant he wanted me to keep the baby. He was elated, I thought he wanted me to abort it at first and I threatened to commit suicide"


"Hmmm"


"Most of those desperate girls will probably come to the wedding to intimidate me. They were angry with me for stealing Benson Owoh away from them. How do you steal a man? He'll go to who he's comfortable with"


I nodded vigorously "MJ, you just have to hold it in for another 30 minutes and this meeting will be over"


"Help me do everything that will make them die of jealousy" she said vindictively.


"Of course, can you look at this budget please" I said quickly.


She agreed to everything without cross checking.


"I love this! You really know your job" she said smiling.


We shook hands before she left and she took my phone number.


"MJ you deserve a medal for holding all that in. Eva you better keep your eye on Benson Mr Dickson after your wedding or you'll be sorry" I shouted into the air.


I felt a tap on my shoulder from behind and peered into Eva's angry face.


"I forgot my phone" she said and picked up the phone.


"Eva I'm sorry, I don't really mean that. I had a boyfriend..."


"You are so unprofessional, I'll talk to your boss" she said and left angrily.


I felt so bad after she left, I knew Margret Thatcher will grill me on hot coal if she ever finds out I got a client upset.


I was once like Eva so I knew she was probably blinded by love and desperation. I was like Eva after I met Steve.

We met at one of those crazy "On Site" assignment, he was handsome and perfect and I was desperate and gullible. He was the best man and all the Bridal Train got their eyes on him. I waited for him after I had a heated argument with the owner of the hall who was trying to stop the wedding because he wanted his son to sing at the wedding.


I waited after I made a good impression on him and he came for me. We started going out from the following week and he was perfect. When I started noticing the girls he told me they didn't matter, I was the chosen one. We discussed the future and wanted to settle down together. He made me happy and I was willing to let go of my pride so that I can be with him.


All his flings knew me and respected me, I was the main girlfriend until he met Remi. She called herself his school Daughter and was always around during weekends. I was supposed to pretend I didn't notice those things.


I picked up my jacket and headed out of the restaurant, it was raining hard and I was carrying an umbrella. I was about walking to my car when I heard the sound of a car horn. I looked up and it was Eva.


I didn't get home till about 9:00PM, I was hanging out with Eva till evening and she paid for all the fun we had. She still wants to go ahead with the wedding because according to her "It rains everywhere and all men cheat".


I didn't have to wonder why so many of these marriages crash, I hope Eva will maintain her resolution several years after their marriage when Benson Mr Dickson start sleeping with every woman in sight.


I made that resolution 6 months back when Steve messed with my mental health and self esteem. I MJ won't be a side chick or main chick; I'm going to be the only chick.


I don't think cheating is a rain, I think it's a flood that sweeps away your self-esteem. I MJ wants my feet planted firmly on the ground. You only have a flood if the structure is bad.


I remembered what I told Mom when she tried to console me after I broke up with Steve.


"I want more mom; I don't want a man I have to share with other women. If there is just one faithful man in this world I'll find him or remain single"


To be continued...


Don't forget to drop your comment after reading, feel free to use the share icon and share this story via link. Follow the blog so that you'll get notification when I drop another Episode. Episode 4 will be available on Wednesday. 


To read free articles/content on relationship and marriage click HERE


DON'T MISS THIS!

1. 3 Months to Thirty

2. 3 Months to Thirty Prologue

3. 3 Months to Thirty EP 1

4. 3 Months to Thirty EP 2

5. 3 Months to Thirty EP 3

6. 3 Months to Thirty EP 4

7. 3 Months to Thirty EP 5

8. Why Guys Dump Good Girls




Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)