3 Months to Thirty Prologue by Sarah Adeniji

0

3 Months to 30 by Sarah Adeniji

PROLOGUE : THE DREAM



The Wedding gown had a very long train, I had a feeling of joy and elation I could not explain as I took each step to the altar.


"At last MJ! You made it! You showed them you can become MRS Somebody"


I wasn't just a blushing bride, I was a giggling bride. I resisted the urge to stop mid-way to the altar to give my favorite Buga dance step. I saw them staring at me with surprise and shock written all over their faces.


They had lost hope on me getting married; they had abused and crushed my spirit but God surpassed them.

 

"I serve a living God o! Even the devil knows say nah true o!" Somebody burst into songs from the crowd and I laughed.


"Mama, My sweet and supportive Mama is here to witness this day. Oh Mama! I love you so much!" Tears gathered around my eyes.


I remembered how much she tried to get me married; all the blind dates and matchmaking. I remembered all the insult she suffered from her friends who thought her daughter was going to die an old maid. She had endured the side talk, had visited several prophets and most of them ended up scamming her.


I knew I couldn't have come this far without her, she's had swallowed her pride severally and ended up stooping so that I could conquer.


"Olololo MJ Olololo Buga Won! Their Father!" Suzie shouted from the crowd. 


"Oh Sweet Sweet Suzzie! You are the best friend ever! Thanks for standing by me even when I felt like giving up in this journey" I gave her a peace sign as I took each deliberate step to the altar.


Suzie had been there to wipe my tears after each heartbreak, we had gone on manhunt together and did several despicable things we could have sworn was below our standards. When we realised time wasn't on our side we had used every trick in the book. "I would have died at that bar that night if Suzie hadn't pick her phone at the first ring"


I felt a strong urge to look back so that I could see if Shade was in the crowd. My eyes searched for her frantically but I didn't see her. She must be at the back, I have to look back just once.


"She was so mean and wicked to me! Oh Shade! You didn't know I'll make it to the altar, you must be ashamed for driving me into depression after all I've done for you"


I strained my neck and I was about to turn back when I heard the voice.


"No MJ! Don't look back!"


Not looking back was tough but I kept moving forward , I took it a step at a time. At a point I had to close my eyes because all the negative words they uttered kept coming to me.


"MJ is an old maid"


"Poor MJ, she'll die lonely"


"She's too choosy, she keep rejecting all the good men"


"Her Father's money went into her head"


"She's too stubborn and heady, nobody will marry her"


"If only she doesn't have a big mouth, she is so shameless"


"She's a feminist, she won't be submissive"


"She thinks life's a fairytale"


"She doesn't have modesty; she's always exposing her body like an harlot"


"She carries herself like a queen but everyone pity her"


"She won't go to heaven! And she won't find a man to marry her either!"


"She..."


"Stop!!!" I screamed.


"I don't care what you think! I made it, the joke is on you! MJ won! I showed you!" I noticed the voices stopped. I took a deep breathe and savor the taste of victory.


"I did it!!! MJ you are a survivor and a winner" I gave myself a mental pat on the back and kept moving.


I discovered I was almost at the altar, I straightened my neck and forgot about Shade. I stared at the pastor waiting to receive me and I opened my mouth in amazement.


He was the tallest man I had ever seen, his length was endless and I had to straign my neck to see his face. I discovered another shocking thing; the hairs on his head were all white. "I have never seen anything like this before" His Majesty, His glory, and the way His eyes glitters left me in awe.


"Who are you?" I said in wonder.


He stared at me in amusement and smiled "You know who I'm MJ, you summoned me"


"I really... I do...nt..." I stammered.


Then I remembered what happened that night and I stared at the floor in shame. 


"I want to give you an assignment MJ, I'm going to trust you with this great task" He said still smiling.


"What task?"


"I want you to write a book, I want the world to know how you got here. The book is for someone special, I want her to read every pain, misery, and struggle you ever went through"


"I'm not good with writing" I remembered how I always failed my composition and essay test in high school and cringed inwardly.


"I'll help you" He said and smiled.


"Who are you please?"


"You called me. You cried to me, and told me you'll kill yourself if I refuse to show up" 


I allowed myself to remember the most humiliating moment in my life and felt terribly ashamed. "Did I really cry that much and threatened to take my own life? Me? Baddest queen MJ that always has the perfect answer in every situation. Did I really whine like a baby and threatened suicide"


I allowed the tears I was holding to flow down my cheek. "If He saw me when I was whining and screaming alone in my room it means I can't hide anything from Him. He knows my secret fears and had seen me in my lowest moment".


"You are Jesus" I said and immediately felt as if a huge burden has been lifted off me.


"Why did you chose me? I'm not worthy" I whispered in awe.


I remembered the three times I had given my life to Him and ended up taking them back when I got swept away by the tide of youthful exuberance .


"Go MJ!!! Don't ever forget this. Write that book!!! Write..."


I tossed and turned on the bed because the echos of His words kept ringing in my ears. I dragged myself awake and my brain felt foggy for a moment. Then it cleared and I remembered every detail, every word, every step.


"What type of dream is this?"



To be Continued...

Do not forget to leave your comments after reading. EPISODE 1 will be available on Wednesday by 12:00Noon.


You can only share this story via link; copying and pasting without the Author's consent will amount to plagiarism. 


Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)